Sunday, June 28, 2015

Quick Annoucement - Everything within a Name

I was informed today that the name I have been recently using for my S&W modern supplement was copyrighted. This, obviously means I cannot use it and rightfully so as I would hate for someone else to come along and start to use Usarm without my knowledge or consent. The reason I share this is because a lot of posts have gone missing from Google+. This is due to my inability to change the link name back to the blog to something that doesn't hamper the copyright of another developer. I am in no legal trouble that I am aware of and for the moment the game will go back to being called Eldritch Shadows or Basic Modern ... at least until something else that is much more cool and invoctive of the system (and totally legal) can be found.

Conversely, if anyone happens to know HOW I can find out if a name is copyrighted or trademarked (preferably for free) please let me know.

On a side-note, despite this unpleasantness it was a great day at the beach!



1 comment:

  1. Basic trademark search:

    http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=searchss&state=4803:mu9rle.1.1

    ReplyDelete